Appointment of a Director of Research
A Director of Research is sought for appointment by the Wesley House Trustee/Directors from 1 September 2018. Applications are invited from Methodist/Wesleyan scholars who are research active in the field of Methodist theology. The successful applicant will:
- Recruit and supervise international and UK research students
- Develop and co-ordinate the college’s research activities
- Sit on the editorial board of the college’s online journal, Holiness
- Play a key role in the core staff team of the college as a College Officer
- Work ecumenically with colleagues in the Cambridge Theological Federation
- Teach on the programmes of the college (online, short courses and validated programmes)
The Director of Research will be based at Wesley House in Cambridge and is expected to be resident in College during term time. Remuneration includes a salary of £28,267 and free 2-3 bedroom accommodation valued at £1,500 a month plus pension contributions.
The successful applicant must have a PhD in theology or a related discipline and ideally will have supervised doctoral students to completion. Experience of theological teaching in Higher Education including the supervision of research and being an active lay or ordained member of the Methodist Church are essential. Further details of the skills, qualifications and experience required are detailed in the job description.
Application Deadline: 30 August 2017
The two-day interview process will start at 5pm on 19th September 2017. Candidates will be accommodated overnight and interviewed on 20th September.