Depending upon your circumstances it may be possible to obtain scholarships and bursaries which would contribute to all or part of the costs of your course at Wesley House.
The Paul Jefferies Scholarship
The Paul Jefferies Scholarship (of up to £3,000) is offered on the discretion of the Trustees to any (usually) Methodist student from Chung Chi college, Hong Kong of sufficient academic calibre who applies to study at Wesley House either on one of its formal programmes or as an independent researcher. Receiving the scholarship does not debar a student from also applying for one of the college bursaries.
Paul Jefferies was a former student of Wesley House who went to China as a missionary in 1942 and founding Dean of what is now the Divinity School of Chung Chi College, part of the Chinese University of Hong Kong. Read more about Paul Jefferies’ life and work.
Wesley House Trustees’ Scholarships
The Trustees of Wesley House are pleased to offer the following scholarships of £2,000 per year to resident students of Wesley House on full time formal courses in Cambridge.
- Gutteridge Scholarship
- Lamplough Scholarship
- Newton-Flew Scholarship
- Maldwyn-Hughes Scholarship
- Greenhalgh Scholarship
Applications are open to students who:
- Meet the academic criteria for the course for which they are applying
- Meet the English language requirements for the course for which they are applying
- Are committed to living in a cross-cultural, reflective community of prayer and scholarship
- Can evidence that they have relevant gifts and experience to help lead the community in one of the following areas: music (e.g. playing the organ or piano and directing music in worship); worship (helping to run the college chapel; producing rotas for worship leading; setting up for holy communion; being responsible for chapel supplies) hospitality (e.g. welcoming visitors to the site; organising rotas for afternoon tea; social events organisation; security).
Applications for scholarships should be made to the Principal of Wesley House.
Wesley House Bursaries
Wesley House has its own funds to support students studying on its courses, both UK based and overseas. Bursaries are normally provided on a matched funding basis, but exceptionally the Trustees may cover the full cost of study, including living and travel costs.
Wherever possible we will enter agreements for matched bursary funding. Where a small or additional amount may tip the balance of probability of a good student coming to Cambridge rather than elsewhere, there may be discretion to offer higher amounts.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you further details.