Since 1921 Wesley House has been serving the Methodist Church from our Cambridge base. Out of the rich context of learning, prayer and common life here at Wesley House, we can offer flexible and tailor-made courses and training days for church leaders from districts, circuits, or individual churches at a venue near you covering areas such as:
- Leadership in mission
- Renewing worship
- Teaching and communicating the faith
- Resourcing ministry
- Creative approaches to leadership and oversight
Examples of recent events and courses we have run off-site include:
- A three day residential Easter School at Westminster College.
- Training day for Presbyters in the York and Hull District.
- A series of two-day residential courses at conference centres developing the supervision skills of District Chairs.
- Lectures for the Southend and Leigh Circuit Worship Academy.
- A series of two-week residential Doctor of Ministry courses in association with Wesley Theological Seminary in Washington for clergy from across the globe who are seeking to enhance their leadership skills and practices.
We can do the same for you.
We would be delighted to hear from you about how we can help resource the Church’s life where you are.
Let us know how we can help you and we will create and deliver a bespoke package to meet the needs of your group, whether large or small.
Our founder’s vision was to provide a space where Methodist leaders could learn from the latest scientific and philosophical developments whilst living in a community of prayer. His vision was a missionary one, believing that as educational standards in England were rising the educational level of the leadership of the churches needed to keep pace so that students would understand the world in which they were to minister and develop effective ways of speaking the gospel into that culture.
Wesley House continues to fulfil that vision by developing and supporting the Church’s leaders both in the Methodist Church in Britain and worldwide.