Appointment of a Director of Research
THIS VACANCY IS NOW CLOSED
A Director of Research is sought for appointment by the Wesley House Trustee/Directors from 1 September 2018. Applications are invited from scholars in the Methodist family who are research active in contemporary theology from a Methodist/Wesleyan perspective. The successful applicant will:
- Recruit and supervise international and UK research students working on contextual Methodist theologies
- Develop and co-ordinate the college’s research activities
- Sit on the editorial board of the college’s online journal, Holiness
- Play a key role in the core staff team of the college as a College Officer
- Work ecumenically with colleagues in the Cambridge Theological Federation
- Teach on the programmes of the college (online, short courses and validated programmes)
The Director of Research will be based at Wesley House in Cambridge and is expected to be resident in College during term time. Remuneration includes a salary of £28,267 and free 2-3 bedroom accommodation valued at £1,500 a month plus pension contributions.
The successful applicant must have a PhD in theology or a related discipline and will have ideally supervised doctoral students to completion. Experience of theological teaching in Higher Education including the supervision of research and being an active lay or ordained member of the Methodist Church are essential. Further details of the skills, qualifications and experience required are detailed in the job description.
Application Deadline: 27 October 2017
The two-day interview process will start at 5pm on 12th November 2017. Candidates will be accommodated overnight and interviewed on 13th November.