Terms and conditions for accommodation at Wesley House, Cambridge
These are the terms and conditions that apply when you reserve a room at Wesley House.
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and you should therefore check them each time you make a reservation. The terms and conditions applying to your reservation will be those in place on the date that you make your reservation.
We will confirm our acceptance of your reservation by sending you an email to the email address that you provide during the reservation process. The contract between us for the provision of your room will be formed when you receive this email confirmation from us. Acceptance of a reservation confirms your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
If you think that there is a mistake in your reservation or if you require any changes to a confirmed reservation, please contact us to discuss. For more information on cancellation, please see the “Cancellation” section below.
3. Room prices
When you make a reservation request, we’ll give you a price for the rooms and number of nights you’ve requested. The price you pay is the price quoted to you at the time you make your reservation.
Room prices are per room, per night and are inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate at the time of your reservation. If the rate of VAT changes between the date of your reservation and the date of your stay, we may adjust the rate of VAT but the price you pay will remain the same.
Wesley House does not provide any catering. You may use the kitchen space on your floor of the accommodation to prepare your own food.
You must be at least 18 years old to make a reservation. Those under 18 years old are not permitted to stay at Wesley House unless a parent or guardian is also staying in the College.
Payment is due in full on or before arrival. As Wesley House can not process credit cards on site, you are advised to make payment by bank transfer to:
Wesley House, Cambridge
Sort code: 20-17-19
Account number: 30467944
6. Arrival and departure
Check-in time is from 3pm. Check-out is by 10am. Failure to leave your room by this time may result in a late check-out charge of up to one night’s additional accommodation charge.
Guests will be asked to provide proof of identity and nationality upon arrival. We are required to take a copy of proof of identification from overseas guests. Acceptable forms of identification are: a passport, driving licence, ID card or police warrant card.
7. Wesley House staffing
Wesley House does not have staff on duty outside of office hours or at weekends and so are only generally available from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. Information on what to do in an emergency is given in your room.
You must not exceed the maximum occupancy for the room allocated to you, which may be for one or two people. We reserve the right to conduct checks on occupancy and compliance with these terms.
Not all rooms are adapted for customers with disabilities. Please let us know when booking what support you need. Although we will try to accommodate special requests, all rooms are subject to availability.
10. Your right to cancel
If you are unable to come for whatever reason you can cancel free of charge as long as you contact us by 5pm (UK time) the day before arrival. If you don’t contact us until after 5pm on the day before your planned arrival day or do not arrive (a “no show”), you will be charged for the first night of your stay.
We will process any refunds due to you within seven days. Any amount not refunded is a cancellation charge to compensate us for the cancellation and is not for any service.
11. Our right to cancel
We may cancel your reservation at any time with immediate effect by giving you written notice (which includes email) if:
• you do not pay us when you are required to do so; or
• you breach the contract between us in any way; or
• you have previously breached the contract between us in any way.
If we cancel your reservation where you are at fault, we reserve our legal rights in respect of your breach of contract. Where your stay had/has not yet commenced, the total payment made or to be made by you for such room shall be deemed a cancellation charge and is not for any service.
12. Events outside our control
We may also cancel your reservation if an event outside of our control (including industrial action, explosion, outbreak of disease, health and safety issues, fire, flooding, and failure of power and/or water supplies or emergency evacuation) means that we are unable to make your room available to you. In this case we will contact you to let you know as soon as possible and:
• if you have already paid for your room, we will refund your payment to you; or
• if you have not yet paid for your room, you will not have to make any payment to us.
Save as set out above, we will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by an event outside of our control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
13. Our expectations of you (and your group)
As we strive to create a reflective, cross-cultural community of scholarship and prayer, we are mindful of the challenges of community life. We ask all residents to follow these rules:
- Keep public areas tidy (eg. washing up after meals, putting common rooms back in order)
- Keep your residential space clean and tidy (vacuum cleaners are available)
- Pay their invoices in a timely manner
- Report any maintenance issues to the College Office immediately
- Place bikes only in the designated area
- Observe all health and safety regulations and fire procedures
- Respond promptly to messages and requests from the College staff
- Report to the College Office (or staff member) the presence of any unidentified person on the premises
We ask that you:
- Communicate clearly and with kindness about your own needs
- Respect the needs of other residents and visitors (for space, quiet etc)
- Recognise and value the practical dimensions of the community’s diversity
You must not:
- be threatening or abusive to any of our team before, during or after your stay;
smoke anywhere on the premises;
- engage in any unlawful activity during your stay (e.g. taking an illegal substance);
- cause any health and safety hazard to any of our team members or any of our guests;
- bring any pets onto the premises, with the exception of assistance dogs;
- bring any potentially dangerous or hazardous materials or equipment onto the premises;
- use any electrical appliances that may set off the fire alarm system, such as toasters, mini cookers or portable grills except those provided by us;
- tamper with any fire alarms or emergency equipment;
- utilise our rooms to store items (personal or otherwise) which could in our sole opinion cause damage to the room, or be a risk to the health and safety of staff or property;
- prevent our staff from access to your room(s) as and when required by us;
remove, damage or destroy any of our property;
- use any of the technology provided by us to download or access any unlawful or obscene material; or cause unreasonable disturbance to our other guests or our staff.
If you or your group cause damage or loss of any kind to Wesley House, other guests or their property, you (as the person making the booking) will be responsible for that damage or loss and you shall be liable to pay to us on demand the amount required to make good or remedy such damage or loss.
You and the members of your group must not resell or transfer your reservation (or any part of it) nor advertise, market or otherwise offer our rooms for sale either on its own or as part of a combined offer. We will not honour any reservations made in this way and do not accept any liability for doing so.
If you or your group cause damage to Wesley House, other guests or their property, or otherwise breach any of these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to:
• cancel your reservation with immediate effect and (if appropriate) eject you from our premises;
• cancel key cards;
• restrict access to Wesley House;
• remove your items from the room and Wesley House, disposing of such items (at no cost and no liability) to a local charity or in the refuse to the extent such items are not collected from us within 7 days of removal;
• retain all sums paid by you and/or charge you the full amount of your reservation; and/or
• refuse future reservations from you.
We will not be liable for any refund or compensation in such circumstances.
We reserve the right to decline or cancel reservations made and stays in progress by those who have previously breached these terms and conditions (as may be updated from time to time), whether the reservation is in that name or not.
We reserve the right to:
• change your room allocation at any point during your stay for any reason; or
• cancel any booking(s) due to health and safety concerns or full or partial closure of Wesley House.
In the event we have to cancel your booking(s) we will attempt to notify you and a full refund will be processed to you within seven days.
15. Your information
We keep your personal data safe and secure. Full details about how we use your data are set out in our Privacy Notice. By providing information about you and your booking group (as outlined in the Privacy Notice) when making a reservation, you consent (on your behalf and on behalf of each member of your group) to such processing and you warrant that all information provided by you is accurate.
16. The contract
This contract formed when we confirm your reservation is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 or otherwise.
17. Your rights
Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect your rights under consumer protection legislation.
18. Our liability
We accept liability for death and personal injury arising from our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation by us or our employees or agents.
We do not accept liability for failure to meet any of our obligations where such failure is due to events beyond our reasonable control.
If we breach these terms and conditions for reasons within our control we shall only be liable for losses that are direct losses and a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such breach.
Save as prohibited by applicable law, we shall not be liable whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty, or in any other way, for any indirect or consequential losses including:
• loss of income, sales or revenue;
• loss of business;
• business interruption;
• loss of profits or contracts;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of data;
• loss of reputation and/or goodwill; or
• wasted management or office time.
Where we are liable to you (save as prohibited by applicable law) our maximum liability to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty shall in no event exceed the price of your reservation unless the Hotel Proprietor’s Act 1956 applies, in which case our liability will be limited to the maximum prescribed under that Act.
19. Applicable law
These terms and conditions, their subject matter and formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
If any part of these terms and conditions is deemed invalid, illegal or for any reason unenforceable then that part will be deemed deleted and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining parts. Any failure by us to enforce our rights or remedies under these terms and conditions or otherwise shall not be construed as a waiver by us of those or any other rights or remedies.
All rights not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are reserved.